NCAA Appendix D Ejection/Suspension Procedures
Procedure to follow after an ejection:
1. The ejecting umpire shall call his conference administrator immediately after the game to report any ejection.
2. The ejecting umpire shall file an NCAA ejection report with his conference coordinator, the NCAA secretary-rules editor and the national coordinator of umpires as soon as possible after the completion of the contest.
Procedure when an ejection carries a suspension:
1. The ejecting umpire will notify his conference supervisor immediately after the game and will file the applicable ejection/suspension report with his supervisor, the secretary-rules editor, and the national coordinator of umpires as soon as possible after the completion of the contest.
2. The ejecting umpire or crew chief shall notify the head coach of the suspension, either personally or through the home team game management administrator on site.
Procedure for a post-participation ejection:
1. If a situation occurs after the last out to end a game or winning run and this conduct would result in an ejection during the normal course of play, the umpire/crew chief will issue a post-participation ejection.
2. If the ejected person is an assistant coach, player or other team personnel, the umpire/crew chief is to inform the head coach personally or through the home team game management administrator on site.
3. If the head coach is ejected, the umpire/crew chief is to inform the head coach and the home team game management administrator of the head coach’s postparticipation ejection.
4. The ejecting umpire shall file a ejection/suspension report with the conference administrator, coordinator, NCAA secretary-rules editor and the national coordinator of umpires noting that the ejection shall be served in that team’s next scheduled contest(s). For clarification, the suspended individual is not allowed to:
a) Be dressed in game uniform;
b) Communicate with any team personnel or umpires;
c) Take part in any pregame activities at the site of competition; or
d) Be in the stadium or on the field once pregame activities have started.
NCAA secretary-rules editor contact information:
Phone: 319/240-0403 (mobile)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred communication method)