can a little league official overrule an umpire and restart a game that ended?

Participant
    please help. i’m trying to gather some information before i reach out to the district regarding a playoff game (local league is ignoring me). my position is that the league official was incorrect in counting the run and i can’t find the rule that gives the league official the authority to restart a game that ended. sorry its long.
    background information
    <ul dir=”ltr”>

• Top of the 6th, Team A was up by one run with the bases loaded against us
  • Hitter grounds to 2nd base and 2nd baseman tags the runner going from 1st to 2nd
  • The ump did not see the tag
  • The kid tagged out walks off the field
  • Ump calls him out for walking out of the baseline and off the field
  • Runner from 3rd to home does not score because of the 3rd out
  • Ump calls the game, Team A win
  • Both teams line up, shake hands and the boys run off to the snack shack
  • However, after some time passes, a league official inserts himself (without protest or request for his assistance from either coaches, families or umpire) and overrules the umpire and cause a game that ended correctly to restart and altered the final result of the game.
    <ul dir=”ltr”>

• League official said that the tying run should have scored. Brings the ump back from the street and meets with both Coaches
  • This league official says the run counts, 3 outs, tie ball game and the Team A have to play the bottom of the 6th
  • Team A doesn’t score any in the bottom of the 6th. Team B scores runs in the top of the 7th and we don’t score any in the bottom of the 7th so other team wins the game
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't strike out!

Become a part of the largest baseball rules community in the world!

Get free access to baseball forums, rules analysis and exclusive email content from current and former Major League Baseball players and umpires.