Learning the rule book

Participant
    Just wondering – what’s the most effective/best way to learn the rule book?  Studying to take the test and just wanted to see if anyone has advice on the best way to learn the rules/know them.

Any advice helps. Thanks everyone!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Replies
      tzemaitis
      Participant
      Begin with a case book which gives complete scenarios of plays and how certain rules are interpreted to come to the ruling in a real life situation.   As you progress, you realize that you must understand the “Definitions” as something like a “catch” isn’t as simple to define as the single word it is.  You will then find the rules, the penalties/awards for those rules, and finally the exceptions to the rules.  These layers are what makes it challenging at times to have a complete understanding of the play.  I think of the case books (many different versions are available depending on what age group you are doing), as sort of the old school “Cliff notes” which would summarize the main topics for books more concisely for you.
      kanettp30
      Participant
      There are a lot of abbreviations about its rules, I’m learning because I’m new to this subject.
      kanettp30
      Participant
      When a right-handed pitcher makes a pick-off attempt to first base after the coming set, is it ever permissible for his pivot foot to remain in contact with the rubber? Basically, I was questioning a call in my son’s game. The pitcher came to set and stepped towards first but his right foot didn’t come off the rubber. I have always been taught that the pivot foot must clear the rubber before a throw first. Am I wrong?
      paula.scott1445
      Participant
      Thank you for help!
      jakegreenfieldnz
      Participant

Nick Muzzillo: Just wondering – what’s the most effective/best way to learn the rule book?  Studying to take the test and just wanted to see if anyone has advice on the best way to learn the rules/know them.

Any advice helps. Thanks everyone!

In my college days, we taught large volumes through repetition. We read, then retell, and that’s how we remember. There is hardly any other way to learn. We’re not in the movie The Matrix, where you can download information directly into the brain 🙂

taylorhill4313
      Participant
      nice

In his mid-twenties, Weston Beau, a young animator, has worked in the field for five years. Currently, he works as an animator for some different video animation firms. He is currently pursuing a Master's Degree in Animation and Filmmaking at the University of British Columbia. His viewers believe that the video animations company and visuals he creates serve as a teaching institute since the unique and inventive concepts he generates are sufficient for newcomers to begin their professions in the animation industry.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't strike out!

Become a part of the largest baseball rules community in the world!

Get free access to baseball forums, rules analysis and exclusive email content from current and former Major League Baseball players and umpires.