Little League Tournament Rule Question

Participant
    One of the 2021 LL tournament rule changes was around mandatory play.  In the discussion on the rule changes it states that a player may not be removed for a substitute before fulfilling their mandatory play requirement.

However, when you read the actual rules it clearly states (Rule 10.C) that a SUBSTITUTE entering the game for the first time cannot be removed before fulfilling the mandatory play requirement.

Question is could a STARTER begin the game, be replaced with a sub prior to fulfilling the mandatory play requirement, and then come back in the game (allowed per re-entry rule) and fulfill their mandatory play requirement when entering the game for a second time?

Unique situation, but not clear between the discussion on rule changes, vs the actual rules for the 2021 tournament.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Replies
      kanettp30
      Participant
      I just followed the baseball sport not long ago, I want to know how many players are there in all and how many members can be changed?
      kanettp30
      Participant
      A question that as far as I know cannot add players to the baseball field. When offensive and defensive players are on the field while playing baseball, their numbers must not exceed the norm due to the general structure of the game.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't strike out!

Become a part of the largest baseball rules community in the world!

Get free access to baseball forums, rules analysis and exclusive email content from current and former Major League Baseball players and umpires.