Overthrow

Participant

Have a look at the above video at what happens after the base hit at about 3 min 25 sec and what the umps missed at this MLB level.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Replies
      thomasesexton
      Participant
      I am in a discussion with a gentleman on another web site (Quora.com) regarding a thrown ball going into dead play area.  My original trivia question to that forum was what 5 ways a player can get on base WITHOUT hitting the baseball.  He and I agreed on 4 of the 5…1) base on balls, 2) hit batter, 3) catcher’s interference, and 4) third strike past ball.  My 5th was a pinch runner.  His 5th was a pick off attempt with the thrown ball by the pitcher going into dead ball territory.  He claims the rules state that the batter is awarded first base, I contend that the batter is not.    Any input from anyone??
      Tommy Sexton Georgia
        thomasesexton
        Participant
        Batter/runner should have been awarded 2nd base in addition to the runner at third being awarded a base?
        Tommy Sexton Georgia
      J.D. Leenen
      Participant
      Batter/runner should have been awarded third base, i.e. 2 bases from the time of throw. He had already reached first base when the rightfielder made his throw that went into dead ball territory.
      Lonnie Miller
      Participant
      We’ve seen ML services time and time again. The ball is back in the pitcher’s hands after a play, but a base runner is dancing about 10 feet from a base, challenging the pitcher to try to get them out with a throw.
      We walk you through each stage of integrating AI and machine learning technologies with the goal of automating the operational workflow. Artificial Intelligence Consulting Providers improves your performance and efficiency.
Viewing 2 reply threads

Tagged: ,

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't strike out!

Become a part of the largest baseball rules community in the world!

Get free access to baseball forums, rules analysis and exclusive email content from current and former Major League Baseball players and umpires.