Rule 2 – Section 27 – PENALTY
2-27 A penalty is the action taken by the umpire against a player, coach or team for a rule infraction. Penalties include:
- restricting the coach to the dugout;
- ejecting an offending player or coach;
- declaring a batter or runner out;
- awarding a base to a batter or runner;
- awarding a ball to a batter (for an illegal pitch when there is no runner or for delay by the pitcher);
- charging a batter with a strike (for delay);
- forfeiting a game; or
- removing nonplayers from the bench or field.
Was this article helpful?