Rule 2 – Section 36 – SUBSTITUTIONS
2-36-1 A substitute is a player who is eligible to replace another player already in the lineup.
2-36-2 An unreported substitute is a player who, by rule, can be in the game but has entered without reporting.
2-36-3 An illegal substitute is:
- a player who enters or re-enters the game without eligibility to do so, or
- a player who re-enters the game in the wrong position in the batting order, or
- enters the game on defense while the player for whom he is batting is on defense, or
- when the player for whom the DH is batting enters the game as a batter or runner in a different position in the batting order, or
- a player who violates the courtesy runner rule.
Was this article helpful?